3PL Freight Brokerage Account Manager
Our client is a fast-growing, mid-sized third-party logistics (3PL) company offering freight brokerage (non-asset-based transportation) services, including intermodal, rail, truckload and LTL brokerage, transportation management and international services. It seeks to hire an experienced Freight Brokerage Account Manager who is looking for career advancement opportunities in Seattle WA.
The Account Manager will be responsible for expanding freight brokerage business and day-to-day management of shipments for assigned customer accounts. This role has broad responsibilities including freight sales, customer price quotation, carrier price negotiation, operations and training.
Eligible candidates should have at least 2 years of experience in freight brokerage, with an understanding of the process and current market conditions, great customer service and organizational skills, and a positive and engaging personality. The Account Manager should be experienced with using transportation management systems (TMS) and Microsoft Office. The client company will not accept candidates who are bound by non-compete agreements. Our client offers a competitive base salary, commission structure and opportunities for advancement.
- Contact customers to request shipments and provide rate quotations.
- Enter shipments in the transportation management system (TMS) and assign carriers.
- Work with multiple customers and shipping needs simultaneously.
- Follow operating procedures and protocols.
- Monitor customer service delivery and provide shipment status as requested.
- Find and develop new carriers and negotiate rates.
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and profitability.
- Work to achieve performance to the branch s annual goals and objectives.
- Travel to customer locations to develop relations, as needed.
- Play a critical role in efforts to ensure service focus, teamwork and a positive culture.
- Provide training and support to new team members with potential for supervision.
- At least 2 years of operational experience in trucking and/or freight brokerage.
- Solid communications skills with a positive and engaging personality.
- Motivation to self-manage and continuously contact shippers to provide quotations and service.
- Knowledge of freight brokerage, transportation modes, competitive rates and service requirements.
- Ability to find carriers and negotiate competitive carrier rates.
- An understanding of current market conditions and rates for truckload and LTL.
- Knowledge of major traffic lanes and competitive carrier rates.
- Prior experience in using transportation management systems (TMS).
- Well organized and able to prioritize, meet deadlines and excel in handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- College degree preferred, but not required.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Associated topics: agent, broker, brokerage, carrier, freight broker, freight brokerage, freight handler, freight sales, sales, shipper