Data Analyst Manager (180839)
As the Manager of the Data Analytics team, you are responsible for providing subject matter expertise and leadership. Reporting to the Director Data Analysis, you will play a critical role in enhancing our organization by using data and analytics to drive business strategy, increase automation, and enhance the customer experience across the USLI Claims organization. This role requires working closely with key stakeholders, collecting requirements, and producing deliverables in the form of reports, dashboards, or raw datasets that will be used to drive business decisions.
The Manager develops service offerings, demonstrates thought leadership, manages complex projects, builds relationships, recruits and mentors staff, and collaborates with cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate possesses advanced analytical skills along with multiple years of experience leading individuals and developing a cohesive, high functioning analytics team.
* Partner with Director, Data Analytics to execute on a robust strategy that integrates data and reporting into all aspects of the claims process
* Develop and lead a team of analysts with the skills, capabilities, and passions necessary to successfully drive and sustain a data focused culture
* Defines, develops and provides insights, metrics and analysis to drive the decision-making process and support business operations for internal and external customers
* Facilitates a data-driven, statistical approach to problem solving, including gathering, analyzing and reporting data
* Solves Complex problems utilizing creative solutions and new perspectives
* Becomes an expert in assigned business processes, including upstream and downstream implications. Relates business process to financial performance measures and analysis.
* Leads and executes process and data improvement projects
* Conducts research and analysis to quantify business opportunities and issues; leads execution and implementation
* Influences all levels of an organization to support projects and/or ideas. Measures and validates project results, and successfully implements all facets of process improvements or changes identified.
* Focuses on automation and utilizing technology to provide repeatable reporting solutions
* Intellectual curiosity and a desire to find answers!! Ability to \"connect the dots\" and provide creative solutions.
* Bachelor's degree in an analytical or technical discipline
* At least 5 years of analyst experience in a dynamic environment. Expertise obtained through progressive analytical and operational work experience
* At least 2 years of direct leadership experience with prove ability to develop your team and execute on strategy
* Outstanding presentation and written communication skills. Able to develop and deliver clear, crisp, and customer focused messages and presentations to all levels of associates.
* Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
* Relish and stimulate change - a demonstrated change agent with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
* Ability to influence and work collaboratively in a team. Build relationship & networking skills with internal organization and customers
* Expertise in Excel
* Hands on Intermediate to advanced SQL/SAS or other programming language ability
* 5+ years of direct leadership experience and 8+ years of analyst experience
* Life/LTC Insurance product and claims process knowledge
* Database/ETL experience
* Master's degree in related field
* Development experience in scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)
* Expertise in Data Visualization is an advantage
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading insurance holding company committed to helping families achieve the dream of home ownership and address the financial challenges of aging through its leadership positions in mortgage insurance and long term care insurance. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Genworth traces its roots back to 1871.
The mission of Genworth's US Life business is to develop solutions that meet the financial challenges of aging, including individual and group long term care insurance, annuities, life insurance and new innovative products over time.
We know we can't deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That's why we're committed to creating a work environment that fosters inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees' well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we're dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task