Provide architectural service to the respective Business Unit by managing the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of architectural construction documents for use by Divisional, Regional, and Group personnel as well as Corporate Product Development. To manage process and timelines for new product development and plan maintenance for both legacy and portfolio plans. Essential responsibilities to include the following.
* Manage and validate accuracy of construction documents for compliance to Company product design standards and regulatory requirements, and the methods by which they are created in production.
* Manage Architectural/Engineering/MEP/Floor Joist/Roof Truss/Cabinet consultants and/or in-house staff in the development of construction documents and shop drawings.
* Manage the completion of construction drawing and architectural tasks per the deadlines set in the Communities in Planning Timeline and/or other Divisional staff deadlines.
* Communicate the Business Unit need for any modifications or additions to Corporate Design Standards when applicable.
* Negotiate and approve all proposals/invoices for outside consultants.
* Lead the resolution of construction code and other technical issues through written and/or verbal communication with community associates or regulatory officials.
Minimum of a Bachelor's professional degree in Architecture, Building Construction, Engineering or similar and at least ten years of experience, preferably in production housing design.
Candidate must proactively face challenges while being committed to providing customers with excellent services and products. The capacity for directing others while under pressure and maintaining a high level of ethics and integrity in all dealings is a must. Strategic planning abilities, handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines and demonstrating good judgment and decision-making skills are necessities for this position. The candidate must have a proven track record of success in building effective teams and interpersonal relationships while steadfastly pushing self and others for results.
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC, a subsidiary of Hovnanian Enterprises, Inc., a well-respected publicly traded company, is committed to providing an environment and programs that help our associates flourish. You can look forward to professional support and extensive benefits?including medical/dental/vision coverage, discounts on mortgages and home appliances, and a 401(k) plan. To learn more about us, visit www.khov.com/careers.
Search Firms Please Read Carefully:
K. Hovnanian Companies, LLC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any associate at K. Hovnanian via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of K. Hovnanian. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by K. Hovnanian as a result of the referral or through other means.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.