Job Purpose Statement:
The Account Sales Executive will professionally manage all outside sales functions for the Company within a given territory.
The Account Sales Executive will independently develop and maintain favorable relationships with new and existing clients in order to increase revenue. The representative will ensure that services align with account needs as well as continually educating customers on new services and programs. They are responsible for providing sales forecasts and meeting sales goals and objectives.
The position requires excellent customer focus, high energy and enthusiasm, forward thinking, strong analytical capability, excellent problem solving, the ability to manage change, solid execution and a commitment to help the Company meet financial objectives and exceed customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Represent the Company in a professional manner
* Maintain a thorough understanding of the customer's account needs on various levels
* Continually maintain current client/customer account relationships
* Actively pursue new business opportunities
* Develop a deep understanding of the various sales channels and market trends/ drivers
* Continually update and maintain a thorough knowledge of competitors and the threats they pose including market pricing, products and programs
* Develop and maintain top level relationships with key accounts
* Ability to accurately plan and forecast sales by product segment and customer
* Accountable for achieving sales goals
* Develop and manage expense budget
* Help identify and communicate product needs to the Sales Management team
* Maintain a valid drivers' license
Required Education and Experience:
* Three to five years' successful outside sales experience. LTL experience, a plus
* 4 year undergraduate degree (preferred)
* Ability to perform daily sales calls within territory
* Must be willing to live within territory.
* Ability to utilize basic PC skills