Loading some great jobs for you...
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Office of the CIO (CIO) is charged with leading the IT transformation and building an organization that ensures the standardization of processes and tools, that enable the effective and efficient delivery of IT solutions to our business partners. The Service Portfolio Management and Projects Office (SPMPO) within the OCIO plays an instrumental role with driving IT wide project, portfolio, resource, financial and organizational change management standards, processes, tools and governance that consistently deliver the desired business outcomes.
The Senior Manager, IT Organizational Change Management (OCM) will be responsible for helping organizations and teams bridge the gap from current to desired future state in the quickest and most efficient way. Our goal is to accelerate the acceptance of change as well as enable the sustainability of the change while optimizing end user adoption. The Senior Manager will make significant contributions to a broad range of high impact programs/projects/initiatives designed to support IT, the business, and improve the overall effectiveness. This will require a change and communications thought leader executing organizational change strategies, solutions, and methods that align with and enable Exelon to achieve its business imperatives including but not limited to the following:
- Lead an organization of Change and Communication practitioners, setting the overall change and communication strategy for Exelon IT, ensuring that there is a consistent process and adherence to that process through governance across all of IT, and providing oversight and support to projects within Corporate IT.
- Translate business strategy into practical organizational change, communications, and training strategies and plans.
- Effectively manage relationships with leadership, teams, the OCIO, and within a matrixed organization.
- Prioritize and manage the creation of critical deliverables while supporting and coaching on multiple initiatives that align to larger OCIO strategies.
- Build strong relationships with the Organizational Change Management Office (OCMO) and become a trusted advisor to business/IT partners advising on strategic approaches and implementation of the OCM Methodology.
- Champion change with executives, present complex concepts, and continually seek new and innovative ways to solve business/IT problems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Strategy and Vision 40%
Strategy and Vision
- Lead the OCM function inclusive of OCM Governance Team (all of IT), OCM for Corporate Projects Oversight Team, and Communications Team.
- Provide strategic change and leadership development support to the IT organization helping to achieve its strategic objectives and satisfy its complex change needs.
- Build strong relationships with the Organizational Change Management Office (OCMO) and become a trusted advisor to business/IT partners advising on strategic approaches and implementation of the OCM Methodology, for both all of IT and Corporate Projects.
- Identify opportunities for synergies across OCM initiatives by leading Change Assessment Consultations with project/program sponsors and/or project management, identifying recommended OCM effort.
- Ensure effective execution of change leadership and process excellence strategies and tactics within the IT organization, collecting appropriate metrics according to established methods of evaluation; reporting on and providing strategic direction to the IT Leadership team on transformation efforts with the goal of helping Exelon achieve its objectives: this will have organization-wide impacts and scope.
- Provide the process, structure, and governance framework required to facilitate estimation of OCM staffing and budget needs and support staffing efforts to align change, communications, and training resources to programs and projects; assisting business leaders with annual budgeting and planning. This framework is to be utilized by everyone in IT
- Provide overall direction, thought leadership and guidance on how to design, plan, and implement Exelon IT OCM Methodology and Communications on programs, projects, and initiatives that support the IT Strategic Vision and IT Business Plan. This role provides the governance across all of IT for all things OCM related and is accountable for ensuring the Oversight and support for all Corp projects.
- Partner with organizational leadership, communication, training, and business support teams to develop integrated strategic and tactical OCM activities for target audiences that meet change objectives on time and on budget.
Organizational Change Management and Communications 30%
- Provide the overall thought leadership and governance on how to write and prepare effective messaging and ensure communications methods and technologies are appropriate for audience and message across IT and providing oversight and support for all Corporate Projects.
- Provide overall thought leadership and governance on how to design training curricula for programs/projects/initiatives that align to OCM Methodology and the IT Training and Talent team requirements and standards.
- Through governance, ensure effective utilization of OCM Methodology and tools by project OCM resources; routinely ask for feedback and route suggested upgrades to the OCMO.
- Recommend and execute change, communication, and training activities and strategies based on industry best practices.
Governance, Oversight and Metrics 20%
- Define governance and oversight of the OCM Management Model to ensure change practitioners implement the Exelon OCM Methodology consistently.
- Use internal data analysis (e.g., employee survey, performance and quality metrics, etc.) and external research to appropriately anticipate and articulate emerging organizational needs at department levels, identifying patterns and trends.
- Leverage knowledge from surveys, observation, and other inputs to create organization-wide reports on change initiatives, including corporate culture, employee engagement, end user adoption and change sustainability.
- Support internal business operations best practices & research; stay current with organizational development and culture building methods and recommend use as appropriate. 10%
- Bachelor s degree in Organizational Development, Business Management, Change Management, or related discipline.
- 15+ years experience in Change Management associated with small to moderately-sized change initiatives or part of a large team on a large project.
- 10 years experience developing, adapting, and applying appropriate methods and tools used in organization, culture transformation and performance improvement and change leadership to effectively achieve business goals.
- Strong oral/written communication skills, business acumen, and team/project management skills.
- Experience leading business/IT training design, development, and delivery for complex IT projects and audiences of varying levels and business functions.
- Experience effectively influencing and consulting with leaders at all levels, including executives; influencing and shaping leadership decision making, ensuring leaders are committed to goals, aligned with program plans, and mobilized to provide active and visible sponsorship.
- Excellent active listening skills. Adapts communications style as needed to best suit the audience and situation. Agile, with a learning mindset.
- Strong partnering and influencing skills with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and systemically and achieve results collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast, complex, and changing environment.
- Master s degree in Organization Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field
- Organizational Change Management certification (e.g. Prosci, AMCP)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
(Six Sigma skills a plus)
- Project management skills (PMP certification a plus)
- Leadership Development certification
(e.g., HPT, MBTI, CQ)
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Loading some great jobs for you...