Who We Are:
We Are PRA. We are 15,000+ employees strong, operating in more than 85 countries. We are committed to saving
lives and we are constantly striving to be the best at what we do. Our impact is real and we see it every single day.
We help get life-saving drugs into the hands of those who need them most.
Who You Are:
You are someone with a deep burning desire to succeed despite obstacles that may present themselves. A
strategic thinker, you will continue to develop new ways to make contact with key decision makers at
pharmaceutical and biotech companies, both large and small. You are an expert at building and cultivating
relationships. Persistent and tenacious, you are also keenly aware of when to pull back and wait patiently for the
right time. You are a hunter, always looking for new clients and most importantly, you are a team player who will
add a sense of humor, experience and enthusiasm to our Early Development Services team at PRA.
What You Will Be Doing:Phase 1 Services; Territory in New JerseyAs a Business Development Director, you will lead the development and implementation of sales strategies togrow long term relationships with assigned accounts. You will develop and support overall account strategy, governance and facilitate challenging client discussions while partnering with operations to develop consultative strategies to further evolve client relationships and PRAservices. As a Business Development Director you will direct efforts to identify, qualify, and close profitablebusiness that is within PRA's current and planned service capabilities and ensure continuous market research intarget accounts; You will also ensure development of winning strategies, project plans, client interactions, proposalcreation, presentations, and closure of sales opportunities.What Do You Need?
* Undergraduate degree or its international equivalent from an accredited institution
* 3+ years selling into pharmaceutical or biotech companies
* Experience preparing teams for strategic client meetings
* Developing annual plans and forecasts
* Experience closing multi-year and multi-million dollar deals
* Strong presentation and negotiation skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be familiar with maintaining and managing a customer relationship database.
* Good time management skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate persistence.
* Preferable 1-2 years of CRO experience.
* To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, nowor in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associated topics: area sales, b2c, business technology, channel partner, client, guest, mba, sales, strategic, territory manager