The future is today, and we want you to be part of it!
This is an exciting time for the solar industry as we make a difference, one roof at time, and change the lives of our customers and the environment they live it. We are a customer-focused company that has succeeded because of the strong reputation, values, and industry leadership we have encompassed in the Gulf Coast Region. If you would like to be a part of something great-an award winning and fun team, then collaborate with us and bring your ideas and your passion. A new career awaits you!
This role entails supporting the rapid growth of the company and the dynamic supply chain needs that the growth is driving. The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for supporting the operations team in ensuring all the materials needed to support the business are procured for use, as forecasted through production planning.
The Procurement Specialist will work with the procurement team to ensure the company obtains the products, services, and goods at the best possible price in a manner that supports the operational needs of the business.
* Actively participate with high performing cross functional teams to deliver on the procurement goods and materials both domestically and internationally
* Work collaboratively with other departments to provide needed support to ensure that all the business procurement needs are met
* Maintain and improve long-standing relationships with key supply chain partners and drive new strategic supplier relationships where appropriate and needed
* Work cross-functionally to identify, qualify, and integrate new suppliers domestically and internationally
* Ensure current contractual agreements (e.g. Memorandum of Understanding, Supplier Agreements, NDAs, Quality Assurance Documentation, etc.) are in place and enforced
* Ensure Purchase Agreements/Purchase Orders are executed in a timely manner, are correct, and deliveries are monitored for accuracy.
* Confirm that all financial obligations are accurately managed
* Act as the departmental liaison in collaboration with other functional teams on key projects and company initiatives
* Manage both day-to-day transactions and long-term vendor relations
* Identify areas of process improvement within the supply chain, demand planning, and manufacturing
* Manage the procurement and delivery process to avoid stock outages
* Heavily involved in identifying future supply
* Drive cost reduction without sacrificing quality or availability
* Manage and report on territory purchasing
* Provide timely and regular purchasing communications with key internal and external stakeholders
* Own the efficient deployment and operation of key purchasing and vendor management systems in alignment with operational and accounting systems
* Ensure that purchasing and strategic sourcing resources are properly managed to maximize working capital initiatives
* At least five years of overall experience, the majority of which involves directly managing the daily activities of a purchasing function
* Demonstrated ability to initiate, maintain, and improve organizational/purchasing processes
* Domestic sourcing experience
* Ideally, this person will be coachable and promotable and have an eye towards both strategy and execution to prepare for vertical or horizontal opportunities in the future
* Demonstrated ability to navigate in a high growth environment while managing ambiguity
* Demonstrated ability to identify and deploy industry best practice processes for the function
* Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in Purchasing from strategy through implementation
* Experience as being the system owner of the purchasing software with an understanding of how to best apply the tool(s) for sound decision-making
* Experience in participating and contributing to building and maintaining a high-performance collaborative culture
* Working knowledge of international commerce is preferred
* Energetic and enthusiastic
* Problem solver
* Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
* Strong motivational and leadership skills
* Views Strategic Procurement as a service within the organization that supports Sales, R&D/Innovation, and ultimately the customer
* Flexible and adaptable to changing business conditions
* Proactive in attitude and action but gets buy-in from key stakeholders in the process
* Has a demonstrated acumen for trying new things and managing change in terms of pace, the need for balance, communication, and relationship building
* Holds themselves accountable to key deadlines and commitments made
* Sensible yet data driven decision maker
* Ability to analyze business problems from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective
* Strong written and verbal communications skills
* Well organized and accurate with details
* Highly creative and out of the box thinking
* Competitive Pay and Incentives
* Opportunities for Self-development and Career Progression
* Health Benefits, Allowances, 401(k) with Company Match
* Paid Holidays & Vacation
Sunpro is a drug free work environment. Only candidates able to pass a drug test and a background check providing no evidence of felony or misdemeanor convictions or pending charges will be eligible for hire.
Sunpro is an equal opportunity employer.