What you'll be doing...
You'll be the lynchpin in delivering innovative solutions to State, Local, and Federal Government agencies that make them more connected to the world. You'll be tasked with expanding sales opportunities through strategic networking, negotiating and closing sales. Having a deep understanding of complex government agencies will drive your success as a trusted adviser that they can rely on to make their operations run better.
What we're looking for...
- Understanding customer needs and recommending innovative solutions.
- Seeking out new growth opportunities and generating new sales leads.
- Writing proposals and responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Providing follow-up training for new customers.
- Managing your sales pipeline and activity with sales management tools.
- Generating forecasting and tracking reports.
- Keeping up with new offerings and market trends through training and your own research.
- Successful completion of motor vehicle report check is required.
You make it easy for customers to do business with you by building relationships through listening, anticipating and responding to their needs. You understand how technology and services come together to solve business challenges and can explain just how in a way that customers understand. You thrive on closing a big deal but also know that strong follow-through, a sense of urgency, and putting the customer first will get you there. Working with government agencies is a little different-there's a fair amount of red tape-but you take it in stride and deliver outstanding customer service in just the way that works for them.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Outside sales experience.
- Valid driver's license
- Eligibility to pass Motor Vehicle Record check.
Even better if you have:
When you join Verizon...
- A degree.
- Managed large complex accounts and sales.
- Sold to large national or government accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Associated topics: foreign affairs, government, legislative, policy, political science, politics, public affairs, rights